My Six Year Old Fear

When I was six years old I was a scaredy cat. I was scared of everything, ghosts, clowns, chickens. But one thing I was mostly scared of was being lone. It was a mind thing. When I was in the bathroom was scared, when I was sleeping I was scared. Everyday I rode trauma train to nightmare town. Every night I would dream of me walking into my room and everything became dark I would scream for mom, dad, and my sister. But no one would come. Then I up. I know scary. I would have this every night. So I locked my self in my room with the lights off without a blanket and just slept. When I woke up I felt nice and warm and calm. Probably because I had a blanket over my head and my light was on. I said to my self, “I should face my fears more often.”

Later one in life, about two years later the fear came back. I was in second grade. It all stared again when I had my first companion for aerial art. And someone have the audacity to scary an eight year old (who was a scaredy cat) and say there’s a ghost how haunts every companion. Really? I thought to my self. Back on the trauma train. That night when I performed (me being me) thought they saw a ghost, and freaked out. My song was Take On Me by A-ah. “Take on me” the speaker blasted. I just did it and when I went back stage I was telling everyone the story. Now being my fifth companion it has been a story to tell the newbies. They alway get scared. My fears now are just chickens but that’s for another time.